Writers may be a dime a dozen, but experienced writers with the tools to elevate your content and set your copy apart are worth their weight in gold. Content mills churn out information that makes readers’ eyes glaze over and search for something better. Stellar copy keeps them coming back for more or motivates them to take action immediately. As an Association Marketing Director once said, “Why bother creating a special report when there is nothing special about it?” Poor writing drives customers and prospects away rather than making them hungry for more. At best, you lose a potential customer. At worst, you create a negative impression that gets shared via word of mouth or social media. Investing in a professional copy and content writer pays off in ways that you will never imagine …until you give it a try!
- What do you provide in your free virtual consultations?
In our virtual consultation, we will discuss your copy or content writing projects or ideas. I’ll ask you about your goals and offer my advice for the best campaign or project to achieve the results that you are hoping to achieve. These sessions generally run less than an hour and are valuable for gathering the foundational information required to build a great one-off project or an ongoing campaign.
- Why do you charge a flat fee for copywriting?
By charging a flat fee for copywriting projects, customers can budget accurately and don’t have to worry about cost overruns. We work together to develop a project scope, including time for editing, and agree on a fixed fee for all projects. If you have a project that you would like me to bid on, we can arrange a phone call or virtual meeting to discuss the details, and I will provide you with a proposal. You can also request a proposal by providing me the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the difference between content writing and copywriting?
Copywriting includes everything from sales letters, direct mail, email campaigns, and advertising. The primary objective of copywriting is to persuade and sell. Getting the message just right requires research and a special set of writing skills. Email writing is a perfect example. The most effective emails start with a well-thought-out subject line and end with a call to action. In between, you’ll find the “secret sauce” that leads the reader from curiosity to taking action. The best copywriters understand the science behind persuasion and the art of using all they have learned to create a message that motivates.
Working with a writer who understands and has experience in copywriting yields better results, whether you are trying to build a list of prospects or sell products, services or memberships.
Content writing comprises website text, blog articles, white papers, case histories, annual reports, newsletters and much more. You can build a thought leadership platform by providing your audience with useful content that positions you and your organization as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Some businesses create special reports or white papers in exchange for contact information, building their list of followers or prospects in the process.
Another form of content, case histories, provide prospects with the evidence they need to take the next step toward joining or working with your organization. When written by someone with a unique blend of journalism and marketing experience, case histories become much more powerful than a standard testimonial.
Websites and blogs can be the most important platforms for content sharing. Using keyword-string strategies, website text or blog articles become “findable” on search engines, increasing the chance that a potential customer will find you.
A well-written, regular newsletter is another way to stay in front of your customers and prospects on a regular basis. Useful information in newsletters leads readers leads readers to visit your website and drives some to buy your products or service.
When the content is exceptional, it elevates your brand and customers look forward to receiving your information, whether that comes in the form of a e-newsletter/zine or a free white paper that helps them solve a problem. It’s been said that “content is king” and, with so much of it now available in the digital world, yours needs to be regular and remarkable to get noticed by Google and your target audience.
- How long will it take to complete my project?
Project schedules vary, depending on the scope. For example, while an email campaign might be completed quickly on short notice, a newsletter, website, or white paper can take a few days up to a few weeks or more. It all depends on the project scope and our availability to work together (reviews, edits, etc.). Once the scope is established and deadlines discussed, we can develop a schedule to meet your needs. Schedules and deadlines are always agreed upon prior to launching your project.
- How can I measure the effectiveness of my copy or content?
There are a number of ways to gauge whether or not your content is delivering the results that you desire. A few of the many methods to measure the effectiveness of your one-off project or campaign include:
- Monitoring your keyword-combination rankings on Google
- Using Google analytics and other tools to review website and blog traffic
- Measure opt-ins generated by email campaigns
- Recording contact list/leads growth from free report downloads
- Surveying your target audience for feedback
- Tracing sales back to a copywriting or content campaign
- Monitoring mentions, shares, and followers of your brand on social media
- Measuring sales letter or email click-throughs to landing pages
- RSVPs to invitations (emailed or snail mailed) and completed direct mail reply cards
- Can you provide a complete package, including graphics, photography and layout?
For customers looking for a hassle-free, one-stop solution, I can provide everything from writing to final layout. I also work with many customers who have a preferred graphic artist or agency. In these cases, I’m happy to collaborate with you and your extended team — either in-house or third party partners. No matter where you are in the world, we can work together in whatever way best fits your needs.
- How is RMC different from other copywriting services?
Kirk Richardson has worked both as an association executive and a marketing consultant. As an association director and former Fortune 500 company marketing executive, he has led and participated in strategic planning sessions and developed marketing plans. His background, along with 15 years’ experience as a marketing consultant, gives Kirk unique insights that he leans on to make your projects and even bigger success. Other advantages that Kirk can put to work for your association, city, or hospitality industry company include:
- Advanced SEO training and experience helps make your website and other content findable on Google and other search engines. Access to unique SEO tools and techniques.
- Journalism skill set that ensures your storytelling and other messaging is of the highest quality.
- Market research experience helps us build a strong foundation for your one-off projects as well as campaigns.
- Advanced content and copywriting training that puts you in the hands of a top 1% writer with all of the tricks of the trade.
- Digital marketing and social media skills built through many years of training and application, including participation in the 2020 Digital Marketing Summit and 2020 Social Media World conferences.
© Copyright 2017-2020 by RMC-Strategic.